Hello everybody, A warm welcome to you! I hope you are well and Living Life Beautifully.
I have seen this “tag” going around “You Tube” and I had considered doing it myself, and yesterday I was reading the lovely Catchaneye‘s blog and she has done The Sweater Weather tag, she “tagged” everyone to do it, so here I am! I love Autumn/Fall. Some days here in the UK we can have beautiful sunny but cold days, other days it’s raining and really miserable outside. I love it because it’s nearly Christmas, and I just enjoy all the Christmas preparation, like making our Christmas cake for one. The smell of sticky dried fruits soaking in copious amount of alcohol (No children are harmed when this cake is baked, the Grandchildren don’t like it!) and then it gets to smell even better when all the sweet spices are added. The fragrance that fills our flat when it is baking is wonderful! Anywho, on with tag.
1. Favourite candle scent? I would love to be able to say a Yankee Candles one called…… but I can’t, I have never had a Yankee Candle at this time of year. I had a Strawberry Housewarmer Yankee Candle bought for me by my daughter and son in law a few years ago for Summer. But my favourite candles we usually have at this time of year are anything that is spiced with cinnamon, apple, orange, cranberry, the scents that are warming and make you feel cosy.
2. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate? We are big coffee drinkers in our house, so first choice is coffee. But we do love a creamy hot chocolate with “squirty”/whipped cream topping it off!
3. What’s the best fall memory you have? Defiantly has to be family get togethers at my parents house at Christmas time. Our wonderful parents are no longer with us and I truly miss those good times.
4. Which makeup trend do you prefer: dark lips or winged eyeliner? I would love to be able to get away with winged liner, but I am too old for that look now, so it has to be dark lips that are on the pink side of dark, if that makes sense!
5. Best fragrance for fall? I wasn’t sure if this meant a wearable fragrance or just the smell of Autumn. I tend to stick to the same perfume to wear all the time, I don’t have a collection of perfume to choose from. But I do love the smell of warming spices, and chestnuts roasting out on the street during the evening that our towns Christmas lights are switched on. I love the scent of the cold air too!
6. What is autumn weather like where you live? It varies here in the UK, just recently it has been beautiful sunshine but very cold in the mornings, and then by the afternoon it is raining and very miserable.
7. Most worn sweater? I actually don’t like sweaters very much, I prefer a cardigan. I dont like anything too high up on my throat.
8. Must-have nail polish this fall? I love all the berry plum purpley colours for Autumn, these will take me right through Christmas too with a glitter top coat.
9. Skinny jeans or leggings? I wear leggings a lot during the colder months, I don’t do skinny jeans at all. When we go out it would be black trousers though.
10. Combat boots or Uggs? Oo neither for me thank you. I have to have a bit of height to my footwear, so I love my brown suede wedge boots.
11. Is pumpkin spice worth the hype? I have never tried it. Sorry!
12. Favorite fall TV show? Can I have a couple please? I am loving the Channel 5 sci- fi series at the moment, “Under the Dome” but honestly, for me I know that Autumn is here when “Strictly Come Dancing” is back on our screens.
13. What song really gets you into the fall spirit? Hmm tricky one this. There isn’t really any song that gets me into the spirit of Autumn, but I suppose when the first Christmas Coca Cola ad comes on tv, it make feel Christmassy. “Holidays are coming, holidays are coming”
That’s my Sweater Weather tag, sorry but there were a couple of questions that I skipped that I thought to be irrelevant to me, hope you don’t mind.
I enjoyed doing this tag, and I tag you all to do it too. Give it a go.
I have another tag to have a go at next time, so until then I hope you have a good week.
Thank You for stopping by.